Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rough darft artist statement

The big idea for my project is family, i feel as if family is the most important thing in a persons life.  The theme I chose for this specific work is divorce, and the loneliness and feeling of your world being turned upside down.  I came to this theme because I grew up with a loving family and thought it would always remain that way.  My freshmen year my parents filed for divorce and I feel the emotional state change brought on by this set of events is something I have always been interested in expressing.  The ring being cut by the scissors represents the sudden break in the family bond and the broken heart represents the emotional toll this break brings with it.  I chose to leave these specific images in the center of the image and the white break and, change in color scheme to represent the two polar opposites of marriage and divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment