Wednesday, June 1, 2011
FINAL
In this piece i used both present day and childhood memories of myself to compile a demonstration of the changing of family bonds. The first image with the bodies of my family in its youth is a compilation of photographs from my childhood showing the strong bonds of my family and more specifically my brothers and I. I chose to turn our driveway into my father skiing down the Ohio River because it was such a huge part of my childhood. Much of my childhood revolved around swimming and being in water With our whole family being together and happy. The sunshine and water images also represent innocence and purity within our family. I also used photo shop to place our present day faces onto the bodies of our youth, because at that point in life all we wanted to do is grow up. In the other image I used photo shop to place our faces from our youth onto my present day body in different outfits. This represents 2 things; the fact that my brothers have became a part of who I am today, and the desire to return to our youth and live a carefree life. I also added a thunderstorm into this image this storm has 2 symbolic meanings. It shows that our family is no longer the typical American family and we have been through the hardship and it also reiterates the strong connection to water my family has from the first image. The red paint bonding the family to the house shows that no matter how far apart we go, whether it be Franklin University, OSU, OU, or remain at home we will still share the memories and bond of our youth throughout life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Really great job. I love your big idea as a whole and you executed the concept very well. I love the mixing of child images and the grown up images. The two images seem to be cohesive and the big idea is very well displayed, yet leaves the viewer thinking. I enjoyed your artist statement because it made the project even more interesting and was very informative. Also, you did very well with using a wide variety of techniques between the two images.
ReplyDeleteI think the best part about your final project is they are very meaningful. I am really touched about the idea that your miss the family that used to be peaceful and happy and meanwhile how close you get along with your brothers even if you are apart right now. I also like the bright color theme you used in your first work to show happiness and the direction sign in the second work suggesting you and your brothers are apart in three universities right now is really cool.
ReplyDeleteI really like your images because your images show your life in two different times of it. The light image on top and the dark one on the bottom show to me that when you were younger your family was close, together, and happy but the dark one still shows happiness but it gives me the impression that the older your family gets the farther they are going to move apart.
ReplyDelete